Old 03-03-21, 02:58 PM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,472 Times in 2,079 Posts
Originally Posted by noobinsf
If you have no intention of riding it, it may be worthwhile to consider parting it out, especially depending on what model rear mech that is. It looks like it's aluminum externally, at least, and not the delrin.

Crankset looks nice, front der is delrin, but if uncracked, it may have some value to someone restoring a Pug. Are pedals French thread? Wheelset looks like alum rims, would shine up nice. Frame would look nice polished up and could sell with the seat post, headset, stem/bars, bottom bracket, all the French bits that could otherwise frustrate a potential buyer. It's worth considering depending on what you initially spent.
Yeah I've done that with old Pugs before. I have a UO 9 I picked up for $40 that I stripped the parts from. I had mixed feelings about doing that but the bike was so clean and I really needed a stronglight 99 crank. $40 for a stronglight 99 is cheap. Plus the wheels went on a bike I sold which more than paid for the bike.

This UO 10 has a little nicer parts than the UO 9 as it has quality alloy wheels with rigida rims. The narrow ones, the rigida 13-19s, didn't really hold up but the wide ones like this, the 1622s, are excellent. They're dead ringers for the Superchampion 58s which may be the best vintage touring rim ever made. Plus the simplex derailleurs and the stronglight crank are all good. I don't think I want to strip the bike down to the parts but maybe I'll swap out any of the parts I want to keep.