View Single Post
Old 12-01-23, 02:42 PM
phughes

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1060 Post(s)
Liked 1,319 Times in 759 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteHski
Welded box section and a single pivot swing arm is pretty agricultural relative to the Yeti CF frame. If you made this motocross bike with a CF frame, how much would it cost then?
Uhmmm... did you not read the part when I mentioned frame materials? Nope, you did not. Calling it agricultural simply because of the frame, is ridiculous. There is much more to it than the frame, a frame that works for the intended use. The frame also had to go through a rigorous design process, in order to withstand the pounding that comes from its intended use, as well as tweaks for handling. It isn't simply something someone welded together in their garage. There is also much more to the bike than the frame.

If you want an example of agricultural, here is one of my bikes, which is definitely agricultural. The Honda 250R is not. Interestingly, the cost of my agricultural motorcycle is quite high, but mainly for the same reason the bike cost is high, numbers manufactured. It is a low volume manufacturer. It is distinctly agricultural though, in ride and design.

Likes For phughes: