View Single Post
Old 12-06-17, 08:00 PM
HLW

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Here's my 2016 Expat. It is currently torn down. Most of the parts will go on to my new Escapade.
That should be a nice build once everything comes together, the deep red color on the Cotic looks great (that's the color they should've made the 2018 Exploit except with the matte metallic finish Jamis uses). I really like your component choices too, especially the wheelset.

How's the front shifting with those chainrings? What size are they?
I've got the 46/30, but if I were doing more paved road riding I'd get the 48/32. The shifting itself is fine. Shifting habits are closer to that of a 1x setup and because of the ring size difference I don't do it nearly as often as with a traditional road or mtb 2x, especially not under load. If you paired one with a wide range cassette like you've got in your Renegade photo, you could pretty much stay in the big ring for most road riding and smaller ring for steep climbs/singletrack.

Be on the lookout for deals on 2017 Exploits too. Killer bike.
I'd love to see some Exploits on this thread. I really considered getting one, but I could just never get comfortable on the Shimano RS505 levers and the quality of the Tiagra shifting on the Expat really surprised me in a good way.