Old 12-25-18, 12:16 PM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Originally Posted by crank_addict
I certainly ENJOY the modern and latest. Having a blast with my new 29er carbon hardtail MTB. Scary enough that I'm eying a few near new 2017-18 FS. I don't know any locals in my age bracket riding technical off road so I risk solo but do occasionally ride with two younger and far talented riders. Good company.

Road- vintage / modern. Though I just don't have racer justification for a new carbon road, they're great machines. I get my -nostalgia- and workout riding an old classic, sometimes even a clunker. A few are really plush and can hold a fair speed with groups. I'm happy at that level and really don't need anything more.

Thursday night shootouts is where I get dusted. The team riders are of course on the latest steeds and vaporize. I've had saddle time in demo Di2 and 16-17 lbs CF bikes.... really, really like but again, I'm not racing. Also an area where it humbles with very competitive fellows. Drop ride.

An area I've been considering is track but on vintage. Perhaps one evening per week. I know of others with vintage pista but don't ride them. Would be fun to get together on a regular basis.
i took my '00 model Waterford pista out to the final ride at the Superdrome and couldnt believe all the positive comments. Realizing its a '00 model, so not crazy old, but its still a lugged steel frame with skinny tubes and a threaded steerer, so it looks the part