Old 03-01-20, 02:22 PM
Trakhak

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2482 Post(s)
Liked 2,952 Times in 1,677 Posts
Originally Posted by Salamandrine
Electronic shifting is for sure. Then again, it solves the problem of cable breakage in brifters, which IMO are themselves chindogu. (ducking and running.. )

Biopace - I think so. I'm also going to vote for aerobars, unless you are a competitive triathlete or time trialer.
There should be a Japanese word for products that were brilliantly designed and effective for the intended user (in the case of Biopace rings, the sport touring rider who maintains a cadence of 80 rpm or below) and were initially overpraised and subsequently vilified.

Rotor rings and the other elliptical rings currently sold, on the other hand, arguably take the wrong approach for solving a problem that might not even exist for competitive cyclists. As they say, if it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is.

And aero bars work perfectly for anyone who (i) isn't paid to race (although those paid to race usually use aero bars whenever they're allowed to do so), (ii) does long-distance rides, touring or otherwise, and seldom or never uses the bottom portion of his or her drop bars. or (iii) has a history of carpal nerve or (in my case) ulnar nerve trauma.