View Single Post
Old 06-28-20, 11:41 AM
Kat12

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Liked 379 Times in 279 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
...his bike he dropped off the previous day and was told it would take at least a week should have been done today.
Yeah, I have a friend who ordered something through the LBS (wasn't in stock the day we were there), and a few days later (I'm pretty sure it wasn't even a week) was calling them to see if it was in yet (despite the fact that she was told it would be a while). Even in normal times I would expect it to take at least a week or possibly more. I told her it was going to be a while.

(And so now every time we go to a store, she's like "oh I wonder if they have the Thing because it hasn't come into LBS yet." {I know, she's excited about her bike and wants to buy All The Things, and do it right now, {and, I suspect, make the bike "perfect"} but I've been trying to dissuade her from throwing a ton of money at it right away too and to slow down and figure out what she really needs after riding it for a while, look around online for better prices rather than just buying whatever she can grab at a store today, etc.})