Old 06-26-19, 05:01 AM
RobbieTunes
Banned.

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked 1,409 Times in 909 Posts
Wind is part of riding, for the most part. Here in So. Indiana, there is always wind, and unlike some areas, it changes. Often from the South, but in the last week, I've seen headwinds from both the west and the east. I can't imagine Texas would run short on wind; when I rode from Dallas to San Antonio, we had plenty.

The Trek Y-Foil with Bullet wheels is a rolling sail, cuts through a headwind fine, is a good push on the tailwind, but crosswinds are not as fun. Still, it's wind, and you ride. My body is a big sail, I'm sure, so the bike is not as big a deal.

So, like @canklecat, I went out into some wind. TWC predicted a 14% chance of rain. 7 miles in, at 5 pm, it got very dark, and I could see the curtain falling from the Northwest, but I kept pedaling, even when the rain began (I'm committed to 1000 miles in June to raise funds for children's cancer research). We've had nothing but rain in June, so when the gust blew me (and my carbon Ironman) into the ditch, I just got wet, and muddy. I found a porch and waited it out, rode home in the rain, once the wind let up.

So, @texaspandj, ride anyway, and make sure the headset on that Ironman Carbon is tight, or your oscillation will be worse. I've got my headset tightened down solid, and it still hints at oscillation at 3-5 mph. Go figure.