Old 06-27-19, 07:41 AM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3241 Post(s)
Liked 2,512 Times in 1,510 Posts
I spent a lot of time in the Slip and the Bottoms back in the day.(back in the night, really) Good times. That area really hasn't changed that much overall. BTW Robbie, with papers in decline everywhere, no telling if the Richmond Times Dispatch will close its doors some time in the future. I'm going to go to their offices and see if I can find that letter of yours on display. If I can, I will get a copy and send it to you. I think the Richmond Marathon is now run in reverse direction from when you ran it.

Speaking of cycling and running, I have this idea. I have this strange feeling that Robbie and I could be in the best shape of our last 15-20 years this time next year. I know Tex is into multisport. I'm not so sure Robbie has it completely out of his system. So, Richmond has a RAGNAR Run/Bike relay. At night, on the VA Capital Trail and other connecting trails. Totally closed course. Maybe my company could sponsor a team. Pay the entry fee and spring for some matching jerseys. I have a van for the support vehicle. I would need 2 or 3 others to have a team. Maybe my wife would be the 4th, or we can find another member from this thread to join us. I have lots of reward points. Maybe we can find some cheap flights. I can provide lodging. Any chance that you 2 would be remotely interested in giving it a try? If so, let me know. I can get more details. It's a great course. Pedal to the metal all the way.

https://www.sportsbackers.org/events...sented-ragnar/

Last edited by seypat; 06-27-19 at 01:56 PM.