View Single Post
Old 07-02-14, 06:22 PM
jur

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by itsmoot
I was thinking a bracket for a braze-on front der would be great, but then I thought about the folks running 60+tooth big rings....guess Xootr's clamp-on monstrosity is still neccessary for a front der setup. But wait, is that a boss for a cable pulley I see on the back of the seat tube? Does that mean theres a ti derailleur clamp in the works too?
I was unwilling to commit to a front derailer braze-on because of the problems with huge chainrings, but also that the Xootr bracket is for a much wider seat tube so that wouldn't work either except shimming it - fugly.

So I thought that since the seat tube is a standard diameter at 34.9mm, standard clamps can be used. Still not nice though. My Moulton has a braze-on and I use that with a FD and 60T, plus a small spacer to get it set slightly backwards. So it works, hence a braze-on might be included next round. For now, I will hunt around for a suitable clamp bracket. There are some sleek carbon ones, but Ti would be much nicer. So far I am doing Ti everything. Almost.

[edit] Ah yes that is a pulley boss. So bottom pull can be done that way, plus there is an angled cable stop that might work for top-pull.

Last edited by jur; 07-02-14 at 06:26 PM. Reason: speling