View Single Post
Old 03-19-20, 04:15 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4409 Post(s)
Liked 4,052 Times in 2,702 Posts
Originally Posted by mjac
I am not saying training is not important especially for some people with no experience and unsure of themselves. I am saying why is the first reaction when someone says they want to defend themselves is oh no what if something goes wrong and you get yourself in trouble. It's best not to try and defend yourself at all. I disagree with this attitude and believe it leads people to be self conscious and the don't deserve to be self conscious. They are the honest party. Training has its place but I also trust people's instincts and judgement once they gain their confidence, maybe through training.
That wasn't quite the nature of my reaction. My reaction was training is extremely important and in some cases being untrained can cause issues but not that someone shouldn't defend themselves. However if you are purchasing a ranged weapon especially training is key and if you have no intention on training on the object you need in a crisis why bother with it in the first place? You likely wouldn't be a defibrillator and not know how to use it?