Old 06-29-20, 06:11 PM
judybat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trouble with Continually Flatting Rear Tire

Have lurked on this site for about a year and have appreciated the collective knowledge I've found.

In the past month or so I've begun experiencing a great number of flats and can't figure out what's up. Been cycling for about a year on a Cannondale Synapse 105 that's about a 2006 model. Live in Scottsdale, Arizona. Put Continental GatorSkin tires on the bikes July last year and no flats until a month ago. Have about 1,700 miles on the tires.

When the flats first began it appeared the rim tape was shifting on the rims, exposing the spoke holes, and I noticed the holes in the tubes was on the inner side. So, new rim tape.

Good for a week or two and started flatting out again. Finally decided to replace the tires with new GatorSkins. First ride was this morning and got a flat 16 miles in.

Very frustrated. Running 25 mm wide tires at 85-90 PSI. Weight is about 225 lbs and has been consistent the past year.

My next thought is to scrap the bike and use this as an opportunity to buy a new one but I don't want to spend that kind of money.

Any thoughts?