Old 05-20-18, 05:42 AM
garciawork

Bikes: Mikkelsen custom steel, Santa Cruz Chameleon SS, old trek trainer bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mongol777
Picked up my 55cm frame on Mon night, have been riding for two days now - such a great ride! Mon late night and Tue was all pavement as it rained a bit and I did not want to ruin the trails.
Today in the morning I hit some trails - all in all I have a feeling that my pretty big stable will be collecting dust for a while, GM is such a fun bike to ride. Responsive and stable without feeling slow or heavy.
Surely tires attribute to it just swallowing the road, potholes and cracks almost seize to exist - cushy ride but still plenty of feedback from the road and trail.
Plenty of braze-ons, fork crown to die for and I have to admit - thru axles have their merits
Still in the mail - orange brake cable housing, Hope floating rotors in blue to match hope hubs, supacaz black/orange bartape, couple more blue headset spacers and blue seat post colar.
Other than that - all done, build came out to ~25 lbs with pedals:
Shimano 105 5800 shifters with tanpan to XT 11S RD and cassette, 11-42
RaceFace cinch crank, 36T chainring, Chris King BB
Salsa Cowshipper handlebar, Hope headset and spacers, Thomson stem and seatpost, Brooks C17 saddle
Hope wheelset, TRP road brakes, Schwalbe G-One 27.5x2.35 tires with Schwalbe tubes
Matching yellow and orange valve caps :-) - pure accident but I like it

Love it! Boise State fan?