Old 05-10-19, 07:27 PM
revchuck 
OMC

Bikes: Specialized Allez Sprint, Look 585, Specialized Allez Comp Race

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 461 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 49 Posts
Heavy thunderstorms were predicted for the entire day, so I planned to go hit the treadmill at the gym. I slept in - 6:00! - got up, made coffee and after a while looked outside. Cloudy and misty but no thunderstorm...checked the radar and it was light green. I kitted up and headed out into a light rain (which stopped in 15 minutes) and got in almost an hour's ride before work. I pushed a bit and ended up with an IF of .83. The only excitement was having to ford about 100m of low-lying road that was under water, it got to bottom bracket depth but was otherwise no problem. I don't think my luck will hold for tomorrow, it'll probably be treadmill time.

I got a copy of the new edition of Training and Racing with a Power Meter earlier this week and have been perusing it. There's a table in it that characterizes cycling fitness by w/kg. They thought of doing one for Masters and Juniors, but for Masters, there are apparently lots of guys in their late 50s/early 60s holding 5 w/kg at threshold and the authors thought it wouldn't be useful. I think I met a few of them a couple of weeks ago in Georgia. Getting there myself oughta be easy, just lose 15 lbs and gain 100 watts at threshold. Gimme a couple of weeks...

Demain, on roule!