Old 08-21-19, 08:19 AM
weiwentg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Rollfast
Please stop playing with the newbie and answer the question.

And it was indeed answered, where you sit on the saddle is not as important as whee it is set (height) for best stroke.

Too tall and you have no rebound, stroke is wasted, too low and it becomes a chore.
To some extent, it's not a matter of playing with the newbie. Often, when we're newer to the sport, we don't know what to ask. So, some people try to read between the lines to determine what someone's asking. Or some people go off on tangents.

Summing up, some people do slide forward on their saddles to get more power in shorter efforts, especially in road races. If this is the extent of the question, then yes, road saddles vary in length. As already stated, the Fizik Arione is one potential recommendation for people in aggressive riding positions. I think I've heard this saddle is designed for people who vary their position a lot, e.g. sliding forward, sliding back, etc. I've heard a couple bike store managers say that the Arione is mainly popular among racers, however. My position used to be more aggressive, but since I've moved to a slightly more upright position, I found that the Arione isn't playing well with me. I changed to an Antares.

If you feel you need to frequently slide forward on the saddle, then it's possible your position is too far back. If you're new to riding, you should consider this. When I was new to riding, I found myself doing this a lot, and it turned out that I did need my saddle positioned further forward.
Likes For weiwentg: