View Single Post
Old 05-22-18, 06:03 AM
ExPatTyke

Bikes: Gitane Course, Paris Sport, Peugeot AO8, Peugeot Bretagne, Peugeot Premiere 85, Peugeot Premiere 86, Peugeot ANC Halfords Team Replica, Peugeot Festina Team Replica, Motobecane Grand Sport, Motobecane Super 15, Raleigh Pro Race, Raleigh Stratos, BSA

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked 427 Times in 90 Posts
Nothing good ever comes of it. I've done it just once, going down a hill at a fair speed someone drove a car out of their drive, straight onto the road in front of me.
No indication, sign of moving out, or anything like that, just a sudden acceleration down the driveway onto the road.
I grabbed two handfuls of brake, slid a few yards down the road, then allowed the adtenadrento take over. Followed the car to the bottom of the hill and I was so pumped up I kept up until they stopped at a set of lights on the way into town.
I leaned down and hammered on the passenger window, and looked in to see a very frightened elderly lady. She shot off through the red light, and with the adrenaline dissipating I got the bike off the road and stood in a state of shame and shock at the roadside.
Lesson learned - I've not even shouted at anyone since, and I still feel ashamed of frightening a pensioner.