Old 04-22-19, 11:53 AM
01 CAt Man Do

Bikes: Mountain bike & Hybrid tour bike

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by soap94
I would never change my opinion, but a regular bike or motorcycle is better in all aspects. Cars do really pollute the environment, not bikes. There are so many old school and really nice models on the market. I just don't get why people prefer e-bikes....
I don't think anyone posting here is saying they really prefer e-bikes to a regular bike. I think what they are saying is that most would prefer to ride a really nice normal bike, the only difference being that for some in a given situation the ability to ride a normal bike ( like they used to ) is giving them problems and thus preventing them from riding and / or enjoying riding a normal bike. Age and physical limitations takes it toll on almost ever one to one degree or another. Better to have some electrical assistance than to just give up the sport. GIVE UP THE SPORT!....unthinkable

Since getting the ebike I find my self riding more and thus using more energy. My legs are getting stronger again. I'm beginning to lose weight. The added plus to riding an ebike is "I get to chose the level of intensity I want to ride at". I like to challenge myself but I don't want to over-do it. The ebike gives me that option.

I've already told myself that if I get my weight under 200 lbs ( preferably under 180 lbs ) that I will start to ride my regular bike again. At the moment my legs are sore. That is a very good sign that I am getting the exercise that I badly need. ...Can't wait to start to ride my regular bike again. The one thing I hate about riding an ebike is listening to the whine of the motor. The silence of riding a normal bike while listening to the muted sound of a well tuned drive train is like music to the ears.