gugie 
Bike Butcher of Portland

Bikes: It's complicated.

Mentioned: 1299 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4682 Post(s)
Liked 5,802 Times in 2,286 Posts
Originally Posted by iab
The digression is my point. I have seen many events degrade over time. In every case, the first thing to go is food quality. Usually it is somewhat subtle, but always the marker. Sounds like ECA went entirely out of bounds. That's unfortunate. Also, most events that went downhill sent out questionnaires asking how to improve. Although I doubt their sincerity. If you send the questionnaire, you know your event sucks, you know what brought them in in the first place, it ain't rocket science. I hope ECA improves next year, but in my experience, that is the exception and not the rule. Have a clear vision, execute it well. There will always be complainers, which will be inconsequential when most are well satisfied.
In my heart I know you're probably right. I hope you're wrong.

It's the old adage that it takes awhile to get a good reputation, but only a short time to ruin it. There will be a core group that will always return. I went for the first time 2 years ago because of what others on this forum said about it. Word of mouth is probably how others decide to do it as well.