View Single Post
Old 06-02-19, 05:32 PM
ridelikeaturtle

Bikes: Bianchi Ti Megatube; Colnago Competition; Planet-X EC-130E; Klein Pulse; Amp Research B4; Litespeed Catalyst; Trek Y11

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 605 Post(s)
Liked 480 Times in 260 Posts
@JerryBerry you gotta remember - when considering "what's good value" - the EU market is incredibly different to the mostly US advice you may get here... and then again, the EU market is also different from one geography to another. Generally, I see the US market is much more competitive and there are much better deals to be had on bikes in the US... or maybe I'm just used to paying Dublin prices, and everything else is inexpensive by comparison (similar to Copenhagen, perhaps?)

I will say, the technical advice from this forum is second to none.

Back to the money thing: I recommend patience, and to track (for some amount of time) what's available and what's selling in your region, to get a feel for the market. As you said, "nothing comes cheap in Copenhagen!". If you know what you're looking at, and know your market, then maybe what's ridiculously overpriced for Florida (or Iowa, or New Jersey, or Boulder...) is quite fair for you.

I'm not sure about exactly what you're after - must it be a Bianchi? Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Bianchi fan, I've got three of them... but you've got loads of bikes at your disposal, really nice ones.