View Single Post
Old 09-09-19, 06:51 PM
Alzerbster

Bikes: 2021 Verve 2018 Cannondale Adventure

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 22 Posts
Okay, I stand corrected. The cars tires are on the line. But that is after impact. Still yet its pretty irresponsible to be riding that close to the edge of the road, when he obviously had room to ride three or four feet further to the left. The point I'm trying to make is not to take blame away from the motorist, but to point out the bike rider could have clearly made a better choice in riding further off the road. People make mistakes all the time. Its each persons responsibility to remove themselves from harm because of mistakes people make. That is if they care to do so. I know if I was riding along that road I would not have been riding anywhere close to that white line, and off the road as far as possible. Our society is all about removing all blame for an injury if possible. No matter how irresponsible one is. Kind of like the people that have their fingers cut off because they stuck them under the deck of a running lawn mower. Not their fault at all. It was the mower manufactures fault for not warning them of such danger. People get killed and injured all the time for making bad choices. A lot of times there is just someone or something else to heap all the blame on. There is a thing called common sense that has escaped a lot of people anymore.