View Single Post
Old 03-27-21, 04:15 AM
Badger6
Obsessed with Eddington

Bikes: '16 Spesh Diverge, '14 Spesh Fatboy, '18 Spesh Epic, '18 Spesh SL6, '21 Spesh SL7, '21 Spesh Diverge...and maybe n+1?

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked 621 Times in 368 Posts
Originally Posted by Phatman
Nice! I was on the fence between this and the Crux, but due to the pandemic, I couldn't test ride anything. I was scared to change too much on the geometry front because of that, so I went with the more traditional Crux. What's the built up weight of your rig?
You definitely can't go wrong with a Crux, though it is a purebred CX racer, so it'll definitely ride and handle like it. I was definitely surprised by how differently this Mk3 Diverge felt from my Mk1 Diverge...which was essentially a Roubaix with capability for wider tires. This bike is for sure a different breed. Not slower, or less responsive, in fact I'd say on gravel/singletrack (non-technical stuff, not XC courses) it is exactly the right tool for maximizing the fun and speed.

As for built up weight... I hung it when I got it home, no mods other than swapping the BB and crankset as described above and it weighed in at 10.63kg (23.44 pounds) with XT pedals and two side pull bottle cages. This morning, I finally had the time to swap the wheelset (now it rides on DT Swiss GRC1400) and converted it to tubeless (using the 38mm Pathfinder Pros that came on it), and it weighted 9.39kg (20.70 pounds) with pedals and cages!!! The weight loss is entirely unsprung, rotating mass...the place most critical to the feel of a bike. I'm confident that it only got a lot more "funner."