Old 02-26-21, 09:52 AM
base2 
I am potato.

Bikes: Only precision built, custom high performance elitist machines of the highest caliber. 🍆

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1795 Post(s)
Liked 1,639 Times in 939 Posts
A better question would be: "How much should I spend to impress others?"

I really get the impression that if you are asking the question, about top tier offerings, then you don't have any idea what the other offerings even have to offer. It's a lot like asking: "Hey guys, is Dura-Ace right for me?" How should we know? If you, yourself don't even have a point of reference to appreciate the nth degree of refinement.

Recently somebody was so into the ultra-refined wowzers of scotch that they paid over a million dollars at a fancy auction. It's a shame really, because to anyone it's shared with, it'll still just be really old scotch.

FWIW: I'm not a fan of SRAM. Your money would be better spent anywhere else.

You don't need to spend $5000 for a quality bike. In fact with all of modern manufacturing & the ever present rat-race, it's actually kind of hard to buy junk nowadays. If you don't know a fancy uber wonder bike will make you faster or how much it'll do so, then it's supposed benefits will be wasted. (Hint: It won't make you any faster in any way that actually matters, & it will cost a lot.)

Check craigslist for all the 1 or 2 year-old mega ultra bikes at half price. I guarentee you'll find something there that'll make you just as happy.

Last edited by base2; 02-26-21 at 09:59 AM.