View Single Post
Old 07-02-21, 07:04 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3243 Post(s)
Liked 2,091 Times in 1,183 Posts
Ditto Acadia and Schoodic Point. Beautiful area. The carraige roads at Acada are without doubt my favorite place to ride, they are just beautiful.

I was also going to say look for a supported tour on the Erie Canal trail in upstate NY. 550 miles, Buffalo to Albany. Mostly gravel trail, some roads. Lots of nice towns along the way.

Ditto Cape Cod, good rail trail system.

Also Duchess County NY, Millerton and Millbrook are nice towns, so is Beacon in Putnam County, Has the Duchess Rail Trail and Walkway over the Hudson, the connected Maybrook Trail ( a beautiful trail), the Harlem Valley Rail Trail and across the Hudson in New Paltz is the Walkill Rail Trail. Up the mountain west of New Paltz is Minnewaska State Park with carriage roads that rival Acadia and are more scenic. Youncould set up home base here, be within an hour of eaxh trail by car, do all 4 or 5 of these a d never repeat anything,

Or do a supported inn to inn ride in Vermont. Its all road riding but mostly all low volume roads and very beautiful. The towns are all typical New England, there are country stores at every intersection. A bit hilly but a tour guide can minimize those.

Last edited by Steve B.; 07-02-21 at 07:07 PM.