Old 09-15-19, 10:08 AM
A15th

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
23 year old with injuries that won't let him ride

Hello all,

I'm new to cycling (rower from college who switched to cycling) I did this last year, but around March had to stop cycling because of knee pain. I have gone to 2 physical therapists and things don't seem to be improving much. The pain is on the top inside corner of my left knee and I also have a lot of medial tightness in my adductors and hamstrings.

I know these posts are probably annoying, so I apologize, but I am a little desperate for help. I can't seem to get back on the bike and I have now gone without working out for 4 months (so all fitness from rowing is pretty much gone).

My VMOs are very developed from rowing. I have been strethening my glutes to help with muscle imbalances but there are not really that weak. I got 2 separate bike fits. My leg feels better from the time off but it still doesn't feel 100% and anytime I try to get back on the bike it feels questionable.

I want to fix this issue so I can gain some fitness back and actually race for the first time. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!