Old 07-03-08, 05:50 AM
Triguy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rahzel
No, it's not. The difference in seat height when you move 2 degrees forward is very small (less than 1/4cm), assuming that the distance between the pedals and your measuring point on your saddle stays constant. Do the geometry for yourself.

Frontal Area isn't everything. There are many, many more considerations than just frontal area alone. For example, the angle of your arms with respect to vertical.

This is not true, not even "often". The weight distribution on the front end and the width of the aerobar pads are independent variables.

This N=1 example is not a good one, because Lance had a back problem that prevented him from getting very low. All the gurus who have done scientific studies agree that for most triathletes, the solution is to get as low as you can (comfortably), then as narrow as you can (comfortably). I don't have a source off the top of my head for this contention, but I'll find one if you want.

Of course your power files won't show (or even suggest) any change in aerodynamics! Your power meter doesn't measure aerodynamics! Admittedly, one puts out less power in a more forward aero position, but the aerodynamic gains more than make up for it.

Source: http://www.slowtwitch.com/Tech/What_...ngles_222.html
Actually the two biggest aero gurus in the bike world believe in slack(75-77) riding, Steve Hed and Jon Cobb, I was fit by one of them.

If you don't realize that a person can back calculate aerodynamics from a power file you don't realize much when it comes to utilizing a power meter. Do you own one?