Old 12-30-04, 09:26 AM
scrublover
Te mortuo heres tibi sim?

Bikes: hardtail, squishy, fixed roadie, fixed crosser

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hea ya go. Surly x-check. Some very nice feeling steel fork I picked up two years back at Veloswap.
Surly hubs/Mavic hoops, swapped to QR axles, with bolt on ti skewers. King headset, Titec ti stem, Titec Malone bar - cut obviously; I never use the drops on this thing. Paul brakes, with Shimano something or other levers. USE ti post (from my mtb-i bent the thing; after cutting the bent half off, it was only long enough to use on this bike) and Performance house brand ti rail junk saver seat. Action-Tec ti bb, Shimano LX crank with generic 38T ring, alu crank and ring bolts. Wellgo ti axle pedals. 15T fixed cog, 18T freewheel; spends the majority of its time running fixed.

For the anal fit/sizing types who are gonna' have a fit over this one: Deal. I don't race. This is my commuter, sans rack and fenders at the moment. It's comfy. It fits. It sees the once or twice a month trail ride out at Hall Ranch. Nice to spin out there fixed, flip the wheel to hit the trail for a bit, then reverse the process to come home.

I love the bike. Rides road or dirt very well. Though I can't help lusting behind its back for an On-One Il Pompino frame to replace the Surly..........