View Single Post
Old 05-05-19, 11:44 AM
djb

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2740 Post(s)
Liked 974 Times in 797 Posts
Originally Posted by fishboat
This route-link is on my "to do" list. If you have a better route, or portions of the route, I'd be interested. PM me plz..so we don't derail this thread.. thx..
I'd have to look up stuff for specifics. Please remind me in a few days if I dont get back. I know there is a gpx file somewhere, but Id have to find it, and also look out my papers and maps from that trip.

*I just looked more closely at that route (where did you get it btw if yoiu havent done it?) and that really is a good route. I have biked from Ausable Chasm north into Quebec on a supported trip many years ago and I suspect we went along a lot of that route. The end route from there approaching Mtl is pretty much how i left Montreal, going along the st lawrence seaway spit thing etc, and the suggested route into downtown mtl is fine, Ive ridden along those areas a lot on day rides, and its really nice coming along the st lawrence and seeng the city as you approach , and btw, that route does end up being on the formula one racetrack , which is a common cycling area, in fact I was biking on it yesterday.

so all in all, thats a good route, and the areas going up the champlain islands and then up to st jean sur richelieu is a nice route also

so really, all in all, this is a nice looking route and by planning motels or whatever, and then visiting montreal, which is a neat city, it would be very nice trip.

ps, the racetrack etc is closed for the F1 race in june, so bike path access is closed, but thats easy for you to find out when and avoid it. Id still look up the track when you would want to cmoe, just in case there is a triatholon or something going on that day.

other thatn that, it looks good. No real need for me to look up details of my route, as this is perfectly fine as is.
Vermont is a great place to ride, there are lots of really nice routes there, look up the state cycling route map, its a great resource.