View Single Post
Old 12-09-19, 09:09 PM
speedevil 
I never finish anyth

Bikes: 2008 Merckx LXM, 2003 Giant XTC mtb, 2001 Lemond Alpe d'Huez, 1997 Lemond Zurich, 1989 Cannondale ST, 1988 Masi Nuovo Strada, 1983 Pinarello Turismo

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked 137 Times in 86 Posts
I don't actually have a dented head tube, but I'm working to prevent having a dented head tube.

I need to use drive screws to reattach a head badge, so my plan is to find a socket of the proper diameter to slide into the head tube up to but not covering the hole. That should give enough support that I can tap the drive screw in without denting the head tube.

If my tool box allows it, I'll slide two sockets in, one from the top and one from the bottom. The two holes are across from each other so that would be ideal.

If anyone needs them, I will have approximately 198 extra drive screws, size 0 and 00 from McMaster-Carr. I'd be happy to send a few to anyone that wants to reattach a headbadge. Yes, I ordered 100 each of 0 and 00, I just wanted to have the correct size without mucking around returning the wrong size and ordering the correct size. A few extra won't hurt anything and I might be able to help out another inmate here.