View Single Post
Old 02-14-20, 10:19 AM
Centurial

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Moe Zhoost
I personally think that the most versatile commuter vehicle is a bicycle, whether self-powered or assisted. Since your plan is to build a commuter "car", I'd advise to 1) rethink the recumbent design. Most folks will want (require) easy in and out. Also, the low profile affects visibility to other larger vehicles. 2) The design on your web site has very little storage space. Where would I put my work stuff, laundry, groceries that I pickup on the way home? 3) Your site claims "no insurance required" however this may not be accurate in my state depending on your drive train configuration.

I sense that your goal is to produce something exciting, though probably not for the masses. IAW you don't really intend to attract people away from their cars. That's completely OK; though you would be limiting your market. I'll check out your site later when you open up voting and probably follow your project. I'm skeptical about your under $2K goal, but we'll see. Good luck.
Good suggestions. This project is open source. So at best I would sell kits. You nailed it. This is for fun and excitement. More entertaining than mass appeal. Keep it small and with a good group a friends to work on it with. That's it. The goals I set are likely to change. Yes no insurance in the state of AZ. As long as the engine is 49cc or less and if electric, no more than 750 watts. So for me that's no problem. Everyone else will need to figure out the laws for their state. I don't have the resources to figure out every state. $2k is a tough goal. But that's how we operate. We aim for the stars. If we miss maybe we will hit the moon. In the end this is all for fun. If it leads to more cool if not I don't mind. Thanks for the support. I'll post the first vote latter today.
Best Matt