Old 07-19-20, 12:47 AM
Clyde1820

Bikes: 1996 Trek 970 ZX Single Track 2x11

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked 566 Times in 430 Posts
Originally Posted by CyclingBK
No worries and thanks. I have a Fage 2% for breakfast with fruit everyday and love the stuff.

Maybe I’ll replace the peanut butter with a Fage 0 or 2%. It would actually be less calories, more protein, and probably more filling.

Only concern was, will 2 yogurts a day bother my stomach? I’m not lactose intolerant.

I’ll give this a shot.

A couple of things I often do:

One puffed-rice cake with a little bit of peanut butter slathered over one side, with a strawberry (sliced) or blueberries. A bit over 50cal, but very tasty. Fats, protein, carbs, but in moderation.

A few tablespoons of a decent whole-milk yogurt, with a small handful of sunflower seeds (or pumpkin seeds), perhaps with a small amount of peanut butter if you want it for flavor. Easily adjusted for <50cal or <100cal. Fats, protein, carbs, but in moderation.

A few tablespoons of a decent whole-milk yogurt, with a couple tablespoons of cooked oatmeal, perhaps with some blueberries tossed in. Higher carbs, given the oatmeal but, again, easily adjusted for volume. Great for a quicky, on-the-go snack. You can take it with you, if you save those little 6oz yogurt containers with a plastic lid.

* An Indian grocery near where I live has a great yogurt in big ~80oz tubs for about $7. That'll give you a good month's worth of these little snacks based on yogurt.
Likes For Clyde1820: