Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Originally Posted by Sy Reene
On a quasi-related topic, what are your thoughts on the industry apparently starting to abandon rims that are not also tubeless compatible?
Originally Posted by noodle soup
Why does it matter? Non-tubeless tires work fine on hooked tubeless rims.
Personally I don't care but I do have a growing number of customers who have been insisting on builds that have rims with non-tubeless construction. These are people who, for whatever reason even after being shown and taught, can not seem to easily be able to mount or change tires on tubeless ready rims.

Those people will have to eventually get with the program and figure it out or simply just realize that now they need to take their bike to a shop whenever they want to put on new tires....kind of like how they can't figure out how to work on or maintain their hydraulic brakes now.....or troubleshoot their electronic systems...or work on their e-bikes. The industry is really doing a lot to help us shops out lately I guess. While it's kind of a shame that we have seemingly lost the "everyman" simplicity of the bicycle I do appreciate the level of tech that exists. Things change and move on. Kind of like how we don't get owners manuals for cars that include how to adjust the valves.

So to noodle soup 's point it doesn't matter in theory because you can run everything on the same rims (we ship every wheelset with tubeless tape on it to be used as a rim strip or for actual tubeless use - and it still seems to confuse people) but there are definitely people who do not appreciate the tubeless rim design and how much tighter it makes the tire and rim system.

Likes For Psimet2001: