Old 12-19-21, 02:58 PM
Tourist in MSN

Bikes: 1961 Ideor, 1966 Perfekt 3 Speed AB Hub, 1994 Bridgestone MB-6, 2006 Airnimal Joey, 2009 Thorn Sherpa, 2013 Thorn Nomad MkII, 2015 VO Pass Hunter, 2017 Lynskey Backroad, 2017 Raleigh Gran Prix, 1980s Bianchi Mixte on a trainer. Others are now gone.

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3462 Post(s)
Liked 1,468 Times in 1,145 Posts
Originally Posted by SirLeaflock
Sorry if this thread is too old to resurrect, but I just ordered an Racktime Addit, a spring clamp, and a basket trunk large that has the Snap It adapter built on from Bike24. I was mostly decide on a Soma Rakku alloy, but the only one available online is going for 99.99. This Racktime rig looks like a much better value, at least if ordered from Germany. According to their site, their is only one US Racktime distributor, and that company doesn't have a dealer listing on their site. ModernBike.com has some stuff, but the prices are crazy compared to bike24, even after accounting for shipping. I don't understand. I remember reading Tubus products sell much higher over here. Strange stuff. Anyway, these comments were helpful, as were the technical drawings Racktime provides for their products. I wish Soma were as helpful, but it looks like I am ending with a much better product overall. I like your photo Tourist in MSN. I noticed the fire number and wondered if it was WI before seeing it was your post. Where is that? I'm also in MSN.
The photo was somewhere between Madison and Prairie du Chien, but not sure where. The guy I did that tour with took the photo. Did a five day tour out there and back about four years ago, the photo was from that.

Addit rack is now rated at 25kg, but mine were rated at 30kg. I have no clue if they had some break and lowered the rating or if they changed the design or alloy specifications. But I doubt that I have ever put more than 15 or 20kg on it. I use the Addit rack on my light touring bike. If I have a ton of gear to carry I use a Tubus Logo on a different bike.

One of my Adddit racks also came from Bike 24. I am quite happy with buying stuff from them.

Racktime had a distributor in USA for a while, then none. Not sure what is going on now but it sounds like one of the major bike brands is selling their stuff now. But I do not know if they are selling wholesale to other retailers or not.

Since you are in Madison, if you are looking for any used bike parts or other bargains, put this on your calendar. I carry a large daypack when I go, never know if I will get lucky and find a lot of bargains.
2022 Bike Swap ? Brazen Dropouts

But with Omircron, I would not be too surprised if it is canceled, so double check their website before you go.