Thread: Birdy thread
View Single Post
Old 01-06-09, 03:33 PM
yangmusa

Bikes: Brompton H6, Schwinn Mirada, Cruzbike Sofrider. Used to own: ICE B1, 2 F-frame Moultons, Koga Myata Elevation 5000 mtb, Challenge Hurricane, Riese & Mueller Birdy Silver, Actionbent Tidalwave 3

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by jur
Folding:
I have it down to an easy non-rushed sub-30s now. I could do it in less if I rushed but haven't timed myself doing it fast yet.
I haven't timed myself folding the bike at all. But one thing I've noticed is that initially my chain almost always fell off and got folded/kinked - required dirty hands and swearing to put right. Now that I'm more used to it, I swing the back wheel under faster (or with less hesitation), and that seems to make all the difference. The chain rarely falls off.

Originally Posted by jur
Annoying Little Things solved:

- I have found I can remove the rear wheel after all by pulling through some cable from the front to free up the bake arm, allowing the pads to separate far enough to pull the wheel out.
Oh, I've not had trouble with the brake stopping the wheel from coming out. On my bike it's tricky to get the wheel out with the rear skewer in place, and impossible to get the wheel back on. The skewer catches on the derailleur, where it mounts to the frame. This is a minor annoyance, not really a big deal - but it strikes me as bad design.