View Single Post
Old 02-26-19, 10:28 AM
Marcus_Ti
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
Liked 406 Times in 254 Posts
Originally Posted by noodle soup
I was debating 46mm or 56mm as well. I went with 56mm, but I have disc brakes.

If these feel too wide for road use, I might buy a set of 46mm ones at a later date. The wide ones would work great on a true gravel bike.

I was considering buying ENVE SES 4.5 AR Disc wheels(at dealer cost), but I can get 2 pairs of these for less $$.

Nice. Which hubs? I had Onyx laced to CX46s for my gravel build....love the silence.

Originally Posted by GuitarBob
They looks great, let's hope they are! What was your total cost?

One thing to be wary of that I found...if you do a PayPal or funds transfer, all is well. But their US distributor, for whatever reason farmed out the CC charging to their Canadian office. Ergo I owed a 1% international charge fee to VISA...which is really odd for a USA distributor, maybe they changed that oddity but don't be surprised when your VISA shows an "ISA" charge. They also just updated their site, and while they claim lower prices...reality after all is said and done, they're about the same or a smidgen higher.

Those were built back in December. Total bill was $1145.XX shipped.

Honestly, the USA distributor is offering an absolute steal on i9 or Onyx hubs...I'd skip the Novatec/Bitex and get the nicer hubs, actually I already did.