Old 06-14-19, 01:41 PM
JuiceWillis

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Morelock
Is everything alright at Dixie Flyer? I ordered some Hellyer bars and Bobby emailed me saying they were in paint and would ship out at the end of the week last week (6/3) and that he'd update me, but haven't heard since and no reply to my email (6/12) - social media hasn't updated since about that time either.
More concerned that something might have happened than I am about the bars. They are usually really fast to respond.
Ok, here we go with my Dixie Flyer story:

I ordered a 62cm BTB frame the beginning of May. It shipped 3-4 weeks later after not hearing anything. The frame arrived, the fork spacing was 105mm +, so yeah not cool. He did tell me that he had a bad batch of forks, and that a correct one would be shipped ASAP. I was like ok, at least he told me right away. Then, I go to assemble the bike, the drop out plates were bent, and one of them only measured 9mm. I email again, I am told a few days later that I will be overnight shipped new drop out plates. I wait, nothing comes. I email again, I am told, I sent you used ones, they will be there in a few days. So, Not only were they not shipped overnight, but I was getting used ones.
At this point, I am more than a little irate. I then basically say I want a new fork NOW, new drop out plates NOW, or I am sending the bike back. So I am then told that I am being overnight shipped a brand new fork with proper spacing...Wait 2 days, NOTHING AGAIN. That was the final straw, I tell him I am sending it back. He then tells me at this point I don't need to hear anything more from you, I'll get back to you in a few days. Well, yeah I wasn't waiting a few days, filed a claim, and lo and behold, he sends me an email for UPS to pick the package up with attached packing slip.

It was an amazing looking frame, and I was sad to see it go, but I just did not trust the company anymore.