View Single Post
Old 08-27-19, 12:35 PM
silent_chief

Bikes: '96 Tommasini Tecno, '02 Lemond Victoire, '13 All City Nature Boy, '22 Specialized Fuse

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I haven't ridden enough bikes to intelligently talk about the "Italian difference" if such a thing even exists. I think it comes down to the fact that my Tomassini says hand made in Italy on the BB shell is what makes it a forever bike for me. I studied in Italy during college and a high end Italian bike frame just drips good memories and a touch with the past. For the same reason I love my Lemonds. Named and designed by a true American hero who spoke truth to power, manufactured in the good ole US of A. None of these things have to do with frame materials, the frame dimensions, the groupsets I've hung on them. (Not to say that these don't make a difference) There is a higher secondary emotional response that I think people have to different bikes and provenance is one of them. If given a choice between two bikes of comparable dimensions, frame materials and groupsets… I'd always pick the one that hits that second note.