Old 08-22-20, 08:52 AM
Dylansbob 
2k miles from the midwest

Bikes: ~'75 Colin Laing, '80s Schwinn SuperSport 650b, ex-Backroads ti project...

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked 931 Times in 446 Posts
Anyone else hate riding, but have to for medical reasons?

I've been riding all my life, worked in shops, flipped bikes for decades and it's all I can do to get on a ride one most days. I had a bad crash several years ago, coupled with some life-choices afterwords has left me with a bad hip (2 tears in left labrum). It completely kept me off the bike (and walking with a cane) for a couple years, but I got very lucky with some skilled PTs and had alot of chiropractic visits. Now I'm fairly mobile and not in as much pain.

I *have* to go out for a short (10-15m) ride 3 times a week or my hip starts acting up. The less I ride, the more my hip socket starts burning and the muscles around it become more and more reluctant to move. Within 3 days of not riding, I tend to start limping more. Shorter <5m rides don't seem to be enough compared to 1hr or so rides. I still like working on and occasionally buying/selling bikes, but I really have to convince myself to go out and actually ride.
Likes For Dylansbob: