Old 09-08-21, 07:12 AM
travbikeman

Bikes: State 4130 Custom, Giant Trance 29

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 123 Posts
Originally Posted by ColonelSanders
How does it compare to your Specialized Cross Trail?
When the bike was original, it really was the same bike as the Crosstrail. The big difference and reason I bought this Sub Cross 1 1/2 years ago is that it's my proper size. The Crosstrail was sized medium and did various things with extending the seat post and handlebar stem to make me comfortable. I had tested large Crosstrails at the time along with other bikes like the Trek DS and felt too stretched out on those bikes. So various LBS were telling me sized medium for me.

The Scott Sub Cross size large though, I was not stretched out and am so very much more comfortable on than the Crosstrail. Fortunately I bought the Sub Cross a little over a month before the pandemic hit. So at a bit over $500 U.S. I got a good deal since bike shops were trying to get old inventory sold. This was a 2018 model that several bike shops were not able to sell. I put in some upgrades and have a bike I'm really enjoying now.

I might even be changing the color of the decals soon since I'm getting tired of black and red. I had ordered Scott decals in copper color and will see if that looks better.
Likes For travbikeman: