View Single Post
Old 06-07-19, 06:56 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18399 Post(s)
Liked 4,526 Times in 3,361 Posts
Originally Posted by I-Like-To-Bike
If you need/want an operational vehicle, wouldn't it have been a lot less trouble and probably less money to buy a reasonably priced older used car in good mechanical and running condition and trade in or junk the non operating broken cars in your possession for whatever you could get?
Originally Posted by dedhed
I suppose I'm a bit of a closet "motorhead". That just didn't drive much for the last 4+ years. And, have a bit of a unique twist on things.

The Blazer was mostly running. A quick tune-up, and I got it on the road a week ago. Then 2 days ago I had an near catastrophic muffler failure

But, it is still on the road.

Other vehicles need a bit of work here and there... but that is also all part of the FUN.

The Ferves is probably one of the least practical cars, but also one of the most unique cars. Some notes indicate that it may actually be a Ferrari... or an early Ferrari/Fiat collaboration.

Not headed to a crusher anytime soon.

I'd be happy to trade in my old pickup once @I-Like-To-Bike points me to a Made in the USA pickup < 20 years old that gets > 40 MPG (US Gallons, not the British Imperial Gallons). And, of course available in the USA.

... Not a Cushman.