Old 02-20-20, 02:46 PM
bmcer

Bikes: Full campy Record EPS BMC Team Machine slr01, Canyon CF SL 8.0 Endurance

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked 107 Times in 66 Posts
Update:
Big Brown dropped off my new Assioma Duo power pedals today. Got them unboxed and mounted without issue. One whole helluva lot easier than installing the old, first gen Vectors. The Assioma app on my iPhone worked as advertised. After it correctly identified and activated both pedals, I connected the chargers to the pedals and gave things an hour or so to charge up. Have no idea where the charge was at out of the box, but 60 minutes was enough to get them up to a 100% charge. I tried do a zero offset calibration a couple times, but it failed both times. Upon reading the instructions more carefully, I realized I needed to get on the bike and spin up to 80 - 90 rpm for a minute or to the give the pedals chance to settle in and establish it's "angles" (?). After that, the zero offset cal worked perfectly. Next, I tried to pair them up with my ancient Edge 810. Surprise, surprise! The 810 found the Assioma's and paired right up to both of them. Got on the trainer and did some sustained runs at an indicated 150 +/- watts. The "feel" of the resistance vs power output was indistinguishable from the effort required to get my old Vector pedals to show the same wattage. Hardly what you'd call a scientific procedure, but it made me happy. Next, I tried pairing the up with Zwift and again, no problems at all. Took a brief ride, and once again the indicated output in watts matched up well with my perceived effort level. Now look folks, at 72 y/o. it's not like I'm training for the next Grand Tour, but I am the sort of geek who likes to track his performance over time. My little incremental improvements keep me motivated and the data trend over time help let me know when it might be wise to take a rest day or when maybe I've taken a few too many. So I'm not looking for absolute numeric accuracy so much as I'm interested in trends over time. So exact accuracy isn't enough of an issue for me to go to all the trouble of constructing and executing some kind of accuracy test against a known "standard". Bottom line, I'm very happy with my purchase so far. I certainly met my expectations (although that left leg doesn't seem to be as lame as I thought ). I'll of course need to use them for a few months before I can say I'd recommend them to friends, but the early indicators are very positive.
Likes For bmcer: