Old 07-04-20, 09:21 AM
MRT2

Bikes: 2012 Salsa Casseroll, 2009 Kona Blast

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 146 Posts
Originally Posted by kosmo886
Shorts are clearly the more important of the two...what have people found to be the most durable and comfortable. I’ve been experimenting with a few different brands and “levels”. Funny enough a pair of $30 Amazon shorts are the most comfortable so far. I assume the difference will be they will wear out pretty quick. Looking for good quality without spending 150 bucks a pop if I can avoid it.
In general, you get what you pay for. But I hear you. Who wants to spend over $100 on a pair of shorts? I have worn different brands over the years and at any point, one pair emerges as my favorite, and when it wears out, usually that particular pair of shorts is discontinued or updated. It has to do with fit and the shape of the chamois. So for years, I wore a pair of Specialized shorts I really liked. What I liked was the fit and the shape of the Chamois. My second favorite pair was Gore. Then both of these wore out and now my personal favorite is Aerotech designs, which I bought specifically because the Chamois looked a lot like the Chamois on the Specialized, and fortunately that turned out to be the case. Those go for about $60 or $70 for shorts, or $100 for bibs. Not cheap, but not outrageously expensive either.

As far as jerseys go, just stay away from the really cheap ones, and find a fit you like. Loose, semi form fit, and form fitting jerseys. Pick a fit you like. I have had good luck with Bontrager for looser fit jerseys, Primal, Twin Six, Voler, Mt. Borah, and Pearl Izumi for semi form fit. If you have a decent number, your biggest problem won't be worn out jerseys but rather, a drawer or closet full of jerseys and not enough time to wear them all.

Last edited by MRT2; 07-04-20 at 09:31 AM.