Old 09-09-08, 10:14 AM
westsam

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CCrew
Ok, Have to ask this one.

I ride a minimum of 28 miles RT bike commuting. Sometimes take a longer trip that works out to 46miles. Problem I have is that while I can sustain a decent pace, after a few days of it I'm flat whupped. Sore legs - just basically tired. Been doing it long enough that would have thought it would have worked itself out from a fitness standpoint but after 3-4 days commuting it's actually a grind - and not really enjoyable.

I will add that I'm a Type 2 diabetic, and 52 years old, and maybe I'm expecting my body to be in a younger fighting trim than what it is. I've bounced it off my doctor, and I get the impression he considers the way I am just fine and dandy since I'm able to come off almost all diabetic meds and the discussion ends there. I'd just like to be able to ride every day without A: fatigue or B: needing the weekend to just recover. FWIW, I ride either a Lemond road bike or a Trek MTB for the commute, so it's not the fit of a particular bike, and I've even had the road bike professionally fitted.

Anyone else have a similar issue? Ideas/flames/eye rolling accepted :-)

-Roger
CCrew I am 73 1/2, Type 2 diabetic, take no medication, and ride 80 miles a week [7days], work out at the YMCA 5days a week [lift weights, swim, ride stationary bike and other machines]. I would say you need to get another doctors opinion because you are to young for this fatigue thing to be happing in your life. if anything you should be highly energized after the ride you are talking about.
good luck