Old 12-20-18, 03:07 PM
DowneasTTer

Bikes: 2022 LiteSpeed CHEROHALA CITY, 2019 Canyon Roadlite 9.0 CF LTD, 2015 Giant FastRoad CoMax 1, 2001 Mongoose Pro Triomphe,

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 50 Posts
Originally Posted by LesG
Also just FYI, I called Canyon today. The guy (Isaac) said I should go with a medium frame and not the small as their website "sizer" says. I also found out that there is some sort of locking ring installed on the head tube which is set at the factory... without seeing it I'm not sure what or how that works. Anyway it turns out replacing the stem is just like on any other bike because you don't have to do anything with that locking ring and the diameter for the stem is standard 1 1/8". Also he didn't make me feel any better about the more aggressive riding position I'm trying to avoid (as compared to most/many hybrids) other than finding out I could change out the stem.

I hope you found their customer service as good as I have. Here's a pic of the locking ring.

My guess is they put it there so the fork wouldn't fall out when us less than talented "mechanics" try to put these together and possibly avoid a few phone calls to customer service. The best part is that alinement of the stem/handlebar on was very easy. Just aline the assembly with the fork lock and your in business. There appears to be quite a bit of adjustment to the saddle for reach so I would think the medium would work in either the 9.0 or the 7.0.