Old 10-19-13, 09:20 PM
Blue_Bulldog

Bikes: GTR 3 Series, Pure Fix India, Mongoose Ledge 2.1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by the fly
I'm from greenville too, and took the greenway today. just for future reference, the wooden bridge between 5th and 10th is barely passable when wet. I rode part of the greenway today after a rain. I wasn't thiinking and took it at speed and hit the deck within the first 50 feet. wood so slick I could barely stand. IIRC, there is at least 1 other wood bridge, so I'd be careful if it's wet.

I probably have a death wish, but there are times I like to mix it up with traffic a little in greenville. I draw the line at greenville blvd though. I'll gladly take the sidewalk, and look ridiculous doing it.
The bridge by that one elementary school? Yeah, I've seen like 3-4 crazy wipeouts there. I think it's because the bridge is so darned pretty that folks forget falling down is still a thing.

I take Greenville Blvd on the regular, and the trick to me is to just ride like I totally belong there... since technically I do. I found if I stand my ground (no pun intended) then motorists respect my space. It gets a little dicey at Evans St, but a little confidence goes a long way.

It's Stantonsburg Rd that can feel absolutely free to go screw itself.