View Single Post
Old 03-08-15, 06:13 AM
joeyduck

Bikes: 1997 Kona Hahana Race Light, 2010 Surly LHT(deceased), 1999 Rocky Mountain Turbo

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kickstart
When I say Walk normally, that means being able to walk on the exposed aggregate walkway outside our back door without sounding like I'm wearing horseshoes, being able to walk on the road or a parking lot and not skittering if I happen to step on a pebble, or walk on our gravel driveway without crunching and grinding.

I selected the shoe specifically because of positive reviews and recommendations of its walk ability. Yes I can walk and run in them without problem, but to say they're like normal shoes that don't require extra consideration is optimistic at best, which is kind of the point of my post. SPD is a nice system that works great, but its not all puppys and rainbows as some claim.
I think that as you use the pedals and and walk the cleats will wear down and not be as noticeable.

I like the look of the shoe you got. I might have to give them more of a look. How do they fit? As in size accuracy, is a size 9 the same as a size 9 Nike?

Last edited by joeyduck; 03-08-15 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Grammar.