View Single Post
Old 05-15-18, 01:41 PM
southernfox

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by rensho3
I solved the roller dilemma by getting one of the Feedback Track set ups. You can carry it on the airplane and it fits in the overhead bin. Wheels are always a problem. When my wife was also racing, we had two Trico double cases, essentially one for the two bikes, and the other for the eight wheels, trainer, pump and helmets. This set up survived many trips to the UK for worlds at Manchester. Now I use just one trico case, and get one bike, four wheels, pump, helmets and assorted stuff into it.. I weigh it a head of time to make sure it makes the weight at the airport. Find a Walmart or the equivalent to buy a cheap cooler if you need one, and a couple of camp chairs that you can donate to the velodrome when you leave. One year at Rock Hill they had a sale at Big 5 (or something like it) for camp chairs at $6.00 each. Remember to bring your own water or other drinks to the track. I will refill water from the local supply, but will never borrow anything from anybody else unless it still is sealed with the original cap unopened. Paranoid, yes. I train to hard to get popped for someone else's supplement mis-use.
Be sure to ASK the track if you can leave your chair. Rock Hill did NOT appreciate how many leftover chairs there were...I heard.