Old 05-07-19, 03:47 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,585 Times in 2,344 Posts
got out there cpl days ago on Saturday

There are 3 parking areas. I started with the most Northern lot (approx 241 Broadmeadow St Marlboro) & got in about an hour of riding. Then got back in the car & drove to the middle lot (862 Edmonds Rd Framingham) & got in about another hour of riding. From that middle lot I was able to ride to the 3rd & most Southern lot (180 Millwood St Framingham). Parked at a dirt patch at start of Bear Paw Trail, approx. 241 Broadmeadow St Marlboro, MA. Headed toward Back Bay Circuit Trail near the Sudbury reservoir. there's a legit parking lot not far away on Broadmeadow St. there's another trail across the St. shud check the maps to see what that was (edit: that's Acorn Tr. w the question mark)

when I was coming out of the woods I realized I emerged at the end of Broadmeadow & thru someone property? or maybe they don't own that part of the road, just both sides of it? anyway, coming out on bike seemed harmless

Several occasions where I had to walk up rough trails & some downhills were a bit challenging due to the roots & rocks everywhere. These are not well ridden trails, more like hiking foot trails. there were signs for bikes, & some trails marked “no bikes” but the bike trails are rough

Some trails names like “Bear Paw” & Rocky Road” are dead give a ways for what to expect. But a trail named “Wren” you’d think would be tame, right? Nope, it was a rocky foot path shortly after turning on to it.

Got to ride over a neat raised walkway. But as I did I was thinking, hmmm maybe this is a mistake, cause the area wasn’t too flooded just muddy & I could have ridden around it. but it was too tempting.

there's no shortage of obstacles

Last edited by rumrunn6; 05-08-19 at 07:19 AM.