View Single Post
Old 06-27-19, 03:42 PM
mtnbud

Bikes: 2019 Trek Stash 7, 1994 Specialized Epic 1986 Diamondback Ascent 1996 Klein Pulse Comp, 2006 Specialized Sequoia Elite

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked 523 Times in 291 Posts
Originally Posted by spinnaker
I will be in Government Camp in a few weeks, I will be staying at the Best Western so won't be camping. Has anyone made the ride down to Trillium Lake? Looks kind of pretty. Is it worth a ride? How are the roads?
Hwy 26 has a good shoulder. I don't think Trillium lake is all that special, but you could ride towards Hood River or Timothy Lake on paved roads.
It'd be nice to ride from Government Camp to Parkdale or Hood River, especially if you had a shuttle to drive you back.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Gove...=en&authuser=0

You may want to bring your mountain bike instead. I believe you can find some trails open to mountain biking near Government Camp. There's a real nice trail system near Mt Hood Meadows - Look up Dog River Trail Oregon. Mount Hood Skibowl has a bike park you may want to check out also.

There's plenty of hiking to be had if you want to leave the bike at home also. Check out Cooper Spur for an interesting hike.

Last edited by mtnbud; 06-27-19 at 03:57 PM.