burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
Originally Posted by Hermes
I am not a Zwifter so I do not understand how one gets a faster TT bike in Zwift.

Also, are you sure you are bonking? This is an honest question because, most of us have 2000 calories of glycogen with 1600 in our muscles and 400 in our liver. So even if you start with less, you have more than enough to do a 3x10 even at 100% glycogen. I do not hear of racers bonking in a 40 km time trial for example.

It seems like you have something else going on that is depleting your liver glycogen if you are truly bonking.
Probably poor word choice.

Looking at the failed attempts of the workout from earlier December my HR would end of 2nd set enter aerobic capacity and get there early 3rd set. So probably just over-estimating my percentage of ftp for the power.

Pretty sure I was to generous with 95% of 20min whereas I am not a 95% capable person. Typically more like 92%. Guess that 3% matters a lot at the limit.

I fixed my math and expectations to nail workouts and keep them challenging instead of stretching the goal so much you won’t ever nail the sets.

Also I have always had a high contribution of anaerobic. It’s disproportionately better than my “long” aerobic engine. Or it seems that way.
Likes For burnthesheep: