View Single Post
Old 04-06-20, 11:51 AM
rickbuddy_72

Location: Michigan, on the lake, 60 miles WNW of Chicago as the crow flies, or 90 miles if the crow walks.

Bikes: Dolan DF4, BH Ultralight, 1974 Schwinn Paramount Track, Trek Alpha 1000, Trek 730, Miyata 930 affixed to a Brian Wind Trainer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Bummer, dude.

I heard, back in the day, in places where there were serious numbers of serious cyclists, that the kinds of rider you describe seemed to be very accident prone. Likely because of their demonstrated abilities to violate laws and abuse others seemed to follow with careless bike handling.

For example, after an incident like you described, the idiot would have a hard time keeping his front wheel from hitting your back wheel after you have passed them and he'd go down pretty hard. I've heard of other times where the back of the idiots thigh would carelessly come down on the passing cyclists knee, causing the idiot to violently eject into a ditch or curb. Even heard of times where their elbow would get caught in the passing rider's shoulder.

Now, it would be irresponsible of me to recommend actually trying to clip a wheel, drive a knee, or catch an elbow. So I won't do that. But it just seems to happen to jerks who don't follow the rules and anger those around them.