View Single Post
Old 07-08-16, 10:36 PM
tetonrider

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 693 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by echappist
they had early problems that failed to compensate for temperature changes, and i still don't think one could reset the slope on their units. Granted, resetting slope post-hoc is a trivial matter (one can just multiply it by a correction factor), but the firmware should have that stuff built in
power2max are interesting. i'd disagree with calling 'resetting slope post-hoc' 'trivial' (unless a file is SUPER important, people aren't going to download, export, manipulate in excel, save, and re-import...and there's only one piece of software i know of that makes it simple).

one thing to know about power2max is that their setup/temp comp works when you coast. if you are doing something like a TT -- or, better yet, a hill climb where there might be no coasting at all...esp a long one where the weather/temp can vary dramatically within the span of an hour and a gain of 3, 4 thousand feet -- you might not get that correction.

(i'm anti-auto-zero for a bunch of reasons....mainly because there is no knowledge about when it kicked in and by how much.)